Seven locations in Singapore where you may donate your old clothes, books, and other items.
- A few examples include: Greensquare, Tzu Chi, the Salvation Army, the Metta Welfare Association, Blessings in a Bag, Thryft, and Books Beyond Borders.
Where can I donate old books in Singapore?
Please see the list below for a list of charities and organizations in Singapore where you can make book donations.
- Donate a book to Dignity Mama, Books Beyond Borders, FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project, Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020, Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP), Migrant Library Singapore, and many others.
How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
There are a variety of organizations in Singapore that accept secondhand books, including the Salvation Army and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organizations (SCWO) (SCWO). You’ll discover a plethora of donation drop-off locations around the country, and it’s a good idea to phone ahead to find out about a donation center’s working hours and which things are accepted.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
The Most Effective Places to Donate Used Books
- The following resources are available: your local library, your neighborhood Little Free Library, a school or community book drive or fundraiser, Freecycle, reputable charities, local faith-based organizations, your neighborhood thrift store, local museums and other cultural organizations, and online resources such as Wikipedia.
How do I donate books to Singapore library?
The National Library Board is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing literacy and information literacy. Book Exchange Corners are available at several library locations, courtesy of the National Library Board (NLB). You can drop off your old books here for other people to pick up and take home with them. Simply bring your books down to the library and place them on the specified shelf. Book Exchange Corners may be located in a number of locations across the island.
How do I dispose of old clothes in Singapore?
You may dispose of your unwanted clothing by placing it in the recycling bin at your local retailer. No matter what kind of textile you have, any brand or condition is acceptable — even strange socks, old T-shirts, and old linens. After that, the textiles are transported to the nearest recycling facility, where they are manually sorted.
Which charity will collect clothes?
In major cities across the United Kingdom, iCollectClothes provides a charity clothes collection service that allows residents to donate women’s, men’s, children’s, and other select items in order to raise funds for a charity of their choice. iCollectClothes operates a charity clothes collection service in major cities across the United Kingdom.
Who can I donate books to?
Where to Make a Book Donation
- The Salvation Army is a charitable organization. In addition to the Salvation Army, there are many other local charities and institutions that provide social assistance. These include Goodwill, local libraries, the Vietnam Veterans of America, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, other local charities, local theaters, retirement homes, and other institutions.
Should I throw away old books?
Volumes with moldy pages cannot be recycled; instead, they must be thrown away immediately to prevent the mold from spreading to further books. The practice of recycling books is completely acceptable if they cannot be repurposed or given new life in another manner.
What should I do with my old books?
If you’re in the mood to be kind, donating your used books may be a wonderful way to ensure that they reach a loving home.
- Libraries. The majority of libraries accept book contributions and sell the books as part of a Friends of the Library fundraising event. Thrift stores in the neighborhood. Goodwill accepts a wide range of items in addition to clothing. Prisons. Prisons and schools are in severe need of secondhand books.
How can I donate books?
Book Donations Accepted by Charities in the City of London
- LCBP stands for London Children’s Book Project. Prior to being given to their partner organizations, the books contributed to this foundation are cleaned and classified by age and subject matter. Books for the city of London. A lot of charities are represented, including the Octavia Foundation, the British Heart Foundation, Oxfam, and Fara Charity Shops.
What to do with old hardcover books?
Despite the fact that you can throw away your hardcover books, we encourage that you donate your books instead. They may be donated to a local thrift store or used book store so that others can benefit from them! You may also recycle the internal pages of a hardback book by removing the cover and binding from the book.
How do I get rid of books when I move?
If you’re relocating a long distance, you may offer them the book as a parting present; it will provide them with something to remember you by till they next see you. Alternatively, you may compile a list of the books you wish to give away and distribute it via group chat or to specific individuals.
Can we donate books to NLB?
We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that would enhance our collection, however we are unable to accept all submissions due to space constraints.