10 Award-Winning Fantasy Books You Should Read Now
There are so many great fantasy books out there, and one of the best ways to find one is to look for award-winning titles. Here’s a list of ten of them. The Changeling: A Novel by Victor LaValle is a great place to start. Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor is a winner of the World Fantasy Award.
Who are the best selling fantasy authors?
A good example is Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series has sold 500 million copies.
- J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings has sold 150 million copies.
- J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit has sold 142 million copies.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupu00e9ry’s Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) has sold 140 million copies.
What is the most read fantasy book in the world?
There are many more fantastic fantasy books to read, but these are some of the most important.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord Of The Rings. Scott Lynch’s The Lies Of Lock Lamora. Peter S.’s The Last Unicorn. Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn. Guy Gavriel Kay’s Tigana. Patrick Rothfuss’ The Name Of The Wind.
Who is the most popular fantasy author?
Authors who have written the best fantasy novels of all time
- Start with The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.
- Start with The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.
- Ursula K.
- Start with A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.
- Start with Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb.
What is the most popular fantasy genre?
Please join our discussion forum.
- Heroic Fantasy.
- High Fantasy.
- Low Fantasy.
- Military Fantasy.
- Sword and Sorcery Fantasy.
- Dark Fantasy.
- Epic Fantasy.
- Coming-of-Age Fantasy.
What book is similar to Harry Potter?
If you’re a Harry Potter fan, these are the ten most magical books you should read.
- Philip Pullman’s The Golden Compass. Rick Riordan’s The Lightning Thief. Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone. Erika Johansen’s The Queen of the Tearling. Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones.
What fantasy should I read next?
What Should I Read Next? A Fantasy Flowchart to Help You Decide
- The Lord of the Rings: The Classic Epic Fantasy.
- His Dark Materials: The Easy Read Classic.
- The Shannara Series: A Hidden Icon.
- The Legend of Grimdark: The First Law Trilogy.
- A Song of Ice and Fire: The Modern Classic.
What is the most read book series?
The Harry Potter series, written by British author J.K. Rowling, is by far the best-selling novel series of all time, having sold at least 500 million copies, 150 million more than the next-best-selling series.
Why Fantasy books are the best?
The best fantasy books do more than provide a temporary escape from the stresses of everyday life; they help us face them head-on by refracting change, wickedness, and heartache through a magical lens, allowing us to see them all more clearly u2014 and face them head-on.
What is the best fantasy story?
Our Picks for the Top 25 Fantasy Novels
- George R. R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones
- J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring
- C. S. Lewis’s The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- Terry Pratchett’s The Colour of Magic
- Robin Hobb’s Assassin’s Apprentice
- Scott Lynch’s The Lies of Locke Lamora
What is a good fantasy story?
A story must contain some sort of magic system in order to be considered ‘fantasy,’ and your magic system should play an important role in your story. Whether it’s a source of conflict (see more on this below), a driving plot force, or a means of character development, magic is essential in every fantasy novel.
What should I read if I like David Eddings?
Please, guys, make some recommendations for a David Eddings fan.
- All of Davind Edding’s other works, including the Rivan Codex
- Terry Brooks’ Shannara series (up to the Voyage of Jerle Shannara)
- All of Raymond E Feist’s works
- All of Terry Pratchett’s works (except the children’s ones, which I don’t have)
Why is fantasy so popular today?
Fantasy is popular among adults and children because it provides an escape from work or school into a different world; when reading about elves or magic, worries about work, homework, or housework fade away, and everyone can let their imagination run wild.
Is Narnia high or low fantasy?
Both Lewis’ Narnia and Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials are set in an alternate Oxfordshire, which is a real location, but the fact that it is an alternate world at all places it in the high fantasy subgenre.