30 Easy To Advanced DIY Crafts With Old Books You Can Do
DIY book crafts are a great way to repurpose old books while also demonstrating your passion for reading.
Art on Book Pages
The Pin Book pages make a unique canvas for drawing, painting, and sketching, or you can print an image directly onto the page for an even easier project.
These book roses are great for any occasion and are easy to make at home with a template and instructions.
Book Photo Frame
This is a simple way to display your favorite books, as well as the people who have brought them to life through the words of authors like Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, and HG Wells.
Ruffled Book Garland
It’s simple to make, requiring only a few book pages and a stapler.
Book Page Bows
These would look great on anything I own.
Simple tools such as books, styrofoam balls, and hot glue can be used to decorate a living room.
Book Keepsake Box
All you need is a craft knife, some glue, and some patience to turn a book into a pin.
How can I use old books for art?
Old Book Crafts are simple to make.
- Book pages make a unique canvas for drawing, painting, and sketching.
- Book Spine Bookmark. The Pin.
- Book Bouquet. The Pin.
- Book Photo Frame. The Pin.
- Ruffled Book Garland. The Pin.
- Book Page Bows. The Pin.
- Book Pinwheels. The Pin.
What to do with old thick books?
The 20 Best Ways to Repurpose an Old Book Pile
- Vintage Book Page Flowers.
- Turn an Old Book Into New Purse.
- DIY Book Picture Frame.
- Clock from an Old Hardback Book.
- Recycled Book Planter.
- Classic Farmhouse Styled Knife Block.
What can I do with old hardcover books?
While you can throw your hardcover books in the trash, we recommend donating them to a local thrift or used book store so that others can enjoy them! You can also remove the cover and binding to recycle the hardcover book’s inside pages.
What do you do with spare books?
30 Ways to Make a Blank Notebook Work for You
- Lists of 100. I’m a big fan of the List of 100, which I got from Kathleen Adams’ Journal to the Self.
- Dream Diary.
- Daily Events.
- Lettering Practice Book.
- Time Tracker.
- Plan a Wedding or Party.
How can I reuse old books?
10 Creative Ways to Repurpose Old Books
- Cut book pages into strips for ornaments or decorations.
- Black Out Poetry: Using a page from a damaged book, take a pencil and underline phrases or words as you go to create a poem or saying.
- Paper Beads: Cut strips from book pages.
Does anyone collect old books?
Oxfam has a number of locations throughout Central and Greater London, and they accept a wide range of unwanted items, all of which can be re-homed through their charity stores or their online Oxfam store; in either case, your books will find a new home.
What should I do with my old school books?
Old Textbooks Can Be Recycled in 12 Different Ways
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing that comes to mind.
- Donate your books: Someone else will always need the book you used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
Should I throw away old books?
Books with moldy pages cannot be recycled and must be thrown away to prevent the mold from spreading to other books; however, if a book cannot be reused or given new life in another way, it is perfectly acceptable to recycle it.
How do you get rid of old encyclopedias?
Donate your old encyclopedias to a local school or library; this option is dependent on the age of the books and whether or not schools and libraries accept older sets of encyclopedias; even if the school or library cannot use the books, they can sell them at fundraisers.
What to do with an empty planner?
1. Take care of the dates.
- The ones that MAMBI includes with their undated planners.
- Anko brand from Kmart in Australia.
- Prima planner (the numbers are black on white stickers paper, so I color them with highlighters u2013 see photo below)
- Reject shop (they only come in mint and pink though)
- Carpe Diem numbers sticker book.
How do I fill an empty notebook?
Blank Journals and Notebooks? Here Are 30 Ways to Fill Them Up
- Love Notes. I don’t mean the ones you get from your partner (though you could do that!).
- Favorite Quotes.
- Book Reviews.
- Write Down Your Dreams.
- Gratitude Journal.
- Life Lessons.
What to write when you are bored?
Things To Write About In Fiction
- 1 Be inspired by a song.
- 2 Recreate a childhood memory.
- 3 Write about someone you see every day but don’t know very well.
- 4 If your pet were a person…
- 5 Write about what you wanted to be when you grew up.