Jojo Moyes was born in 1969 and named after a Beatles song. She worked for The Independent for ten years as an assistant editor and correspondent, and she has written eleven novels since 2002, the most recent of which is The One Plus One.
She describes her writing as organic, with the various parts coming together naturally to form a cohesive whole; she admits to being an emotional writer who has cried over every book she has ever written.
Accolades and a Movie
Jojo Moyes has twice been awarded the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s novel of the year award, and nearly all of her novels have been best sellers and critically acclaimed. One of her best-selling novels, Me Before You, earned her an invitation to join the American Film Writers Guild.
Sheltering Rain was Jojo Moyes’ first published novel, and it catapulted her to the top of the bestselling authors list. It is a poignant and memorable story spanning several generations, in which the characters, all of whom are Irish, are forced to confront their lives and pasts.
Moyes unravels many characters along the way, not revealing their true importance in the main character’s life until they begin to come full circle, and she balances reflection and looking back without delving into a pool of self-pity.
Pauline Sara Jo Moyes is a well-known British romance novelist and journalist who has twice won the Romantic Novel of the Year award and has had her books translated into 11 languages. She enjoys riding her thoroughbred ex-racehorse and keeping up with her blog and book tours.
Jojo Moyes is a romance novelist who has won the Romantic Novelists Association Award twice and most of her novels have become best sellers, according to research. Jojo describes her writing style as organic, with different parts coming together to form an entire story. Her novel Me Before You has earned an invitation to the American Film Writers Guild.
What are Jojo Moyes books like?
If you like JoJo Moyes, here are 10 books you should read next.
- Liane Moriarty’s What Alice Forgot.
- Rainbow Rowell’s Landline.
- David Nicholls’ One Day.
- Jolene Perry’s The Summer I Found You.
- Graeme Simsion’s The Rosie Project.
- Cathy Octo’s The Quirky Tale of April Hale.
- Ali Harris’ Written in the Stars.
What order should I read Jojo Moyes books?
When reading Jojo Moyes’ Standalone Novels, we recommend reading them in this order:
- Sheltering Rain (2002), Foreign Fruit / Windfallen (2003), The Peacock Emporium (2004), The Ship of Brides (2005), Silver Bay (2007), Night Music (2008), The Horse Dancer (2009), and The Last Letter from Your Lover (2010)
How do you read Jojo Moyes?
What is the best place to begin reading Jojo Moyes?
- There’s no better place to start than with Me Before You (2012), which has sold over 14 million copies worldwide.
- Paris for One (2017)
- The Girl You Left Behind (2012)
- The Giver of Stars (2019)
- The One Plus One (2014)
Is Jojo Moyes male or female?
u201cJojo Moyes is a novelist and journalist whose works include the New York Times bestsellers Me Before You, After You, and Still Me, The Girl You Left Behind, The One Plus One, and Paris for One and Other Stories, as well as her short story collection Paris for One and Other Stories.
How rich is Jojo Moyes?
Jojo Moyes is an English journalist, novelist, and screenwriter with an estimated net worth of $8 million. She was born in August 1969 in London, England, United Kingdom, and her work has been translated into 28 languages.
What should I read if I like me before you?
After ‘Me Before You,’ what should you read?
- Jodi Picoult’s My Sister’s Keeper. Atul Gawande’s Being Mortal. Jennie Shortridge’s Love Water Memory. Graeme Simsion’s The Rosie Project. Marisa de los Santos’ Belong to Me. Joshilyn Jackson’s Someone Else’s Love Story.
What should I read if I like Sophie Kinsella?
Join to get access to our top book picks.
- Meg Cabot’s Queen of Babble.
- Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary.
- Jane Green’s Jemima J.
- Suzy K Quinn’s The Bad Mother’s Diary.
- Mhairi McFarlane’s You Had Me At Hello.
- Katie Oliver’s Prada And Prejudice.
- Jill Mansell’s You and Me, Always.
What should I read if I like Kristin Hannah?
If you like Kristin Hannah, you should read the following six books.
- Still thinking about THE NIGHTINGALE?
- The Room on Rue Amu00e9lie. by Kristin Harmel.
- Yellow Wife. by Sadeqa Johnson.
- White Chrysanthemum. by Mary Lynn Bracht.
- Other People’s Children. by R.J. Hoffmann.
- In a Book Club Far Away. by Tif Marcelo.
- This Tender Land. by William Kent Krueger.
Who is B in the last letter from your lover?
The Last Letter From Your Lover stars Shailene Woodley as Jennifer Stirling and Callum Turner as “B.”
Is there a book after Still Me by Jojo Moyes?
After You is a romance novel written by Jojo Moyes and is the sequel to Me Before You. It was released in the United Kingdom on September 29, 2015, and a second sequel, Still Me, was released in January 2018.
Do I need to read Me Before You before Still Me?
I think “After You” is the weakest of the series, but it is a viable and necessary connection between “Me Before You” and “Still Me.” Eva I think “After You” is the weakest of the series, but it is a viable and necessary connection between “Me Before You” and “Still Me.”
Is Jojo Moyes English?
Pauline Sara Jo Moyes (born 4 August 1969), better known by her pen name Jojo Moyes, is an English journalist who has been writing romance novels and screenplays since 2002.
Is there a sequel to me before you by Jojo Moyes?
A completely new life (Geku00fcrzt)