11th Grade English Literature Textbooks
- The Scarlet Letter (Paperback) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Crucible (Paperback) by Arthur Miller
- The Great Gatsby (Paperback) by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Fahrenheit 451 (Kindle Edition) by Ray Bradbury
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Paperback) by John Steinbeck
- The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback) by John Steinbeck
- The Red Badge of Courage (Paperback) by John Stein
What do students read in 11th grade English?
Our 11th grade language arts program is centered on works of American literature and is designed to help students improve their reading comprehension, analysis, and assessment skills, as well as their spoken language and writing abilities. Students read works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and theater by authors such as Amy Tan, Emily Dickinson, Dave Eggers, Frederick Douglass, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
What books do you have to read in 11th grade?
Books for Grade 11 – a selection of our suggestions
- A Death in the Family by James Agee.
- Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis.
- The Plague by Albert Camus.
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper.
- A Death in the Family by James Fenimore Cooper. Saul Bellow’s novel Seize the Day
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
- Sylvia Plath’s novel The Bell Jar
- and many more.
What books do you study in year 11?
Our top picks for books for students in Year 11
- The following are some of my favorite books: Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
- Savage Her Reply by Deirdre Sullivan
- When Shadows Fall by Sita Brahmachari.
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin.
- Baby Teeth by Meg Grehan.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
What books do English students read?
Students of English Literature should read the following classics:
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby
- Oscar Wilde’s novel The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Emily Bronte’s novel Wuthering Heights
- George Orwell’s novel 1984
- Charles Dickens’ novel Great Expectations
- Jane Austen’s novel Emma
- and J. R. R. Tolkien’s novel The Lord of the Rings
What is 11th grade English called?
The study of English literature (sometimes known as British literature) is often introduced in the junior year of secondary school.
Is there any novel in class 11?
The Canterville Ghost, a well-known short story by Oscar Wilde, is the story of a ghost who lived in the Canterville Chase, a bungalow in the town of Canterville. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has included this novel in the English Curriculum for Class XI, and it is a work of fiction.
What books are read in English 3?
3rd Grade English Textbooks
- Macbeth: The Graphic Novel is a graphic novel adaptation of Shakespeare’s play Macbeth (Original Text)
- The Great Gatsby (Paperback) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Walden Civil Disobedience (Paperback) Henry David Thoreau.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Paperback) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- 1984 (Kindle Edition) John F.
- The Scarlet Letter (Paperback) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Which is the best book to read?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
- 8. Shakespeare’s Hamlet
What Should 14 year olds be reading?
The following is a suggested reading list for students in Year 10 who are between the ages of 14 and 15.
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Grow by Luke Palmer
- The Fault in Our Stars by Patrick Ness
- The novel A Novel by Sarah Pinborough is 13 minutes in length. Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
- Every Day by David Levithan
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
What books should 15 year olds?
Books for Teens and Young Adults (13-17 years old)
- Harper Lee’s novel To Kill a Mockingbird
- John Steinbeck’s novel The Grapes of Wrath. Lord of the Flies is a novel by John Steinbeck. Written by William Golding. A Peace That Is Not of This World. The Giver is a novel by John Knowles. The Hobbit, written by Lois Lowry. Ender’s Game is a novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. Written by Orson Scott Card.
What books do you do for English GCSE?
Our supplementary GCSE set text list is available here.
- Tennesse Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Arthur Miller’s The Crucible
- Nigel Williams’ Lord of the Flies adaptation
- and more works by Tennesse Williams and others. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon Lorraine Hansberry’s A Raisin in the Sun is a novel set in the South. Athol Fugard’s Sizwe Bansi is Dead is a short film.
What do you read in GCSE English?
For GCSE English Language, students should be able to: read fluently and with good understanding a wide range of texts from the nineteenth, twentieth, and twenty-first centuries, including literature and literary non-fiction, as well as other writing such as reviews and journalism; write fluently and with good understanding a variety of texts from the nineteenth, twentieth, and twenty-first centuries critical reading and evaluating of texts; making similarities between texts
How many books are there in English literature?
There is just a little difference in order of magnitude between us: the total number of books in English is closer to 5 million than it is to 500,000 or 50 million;