These Are 19 Of The Highest Rated Books on Goodreads
The answer to the question “What are the highest rated books on Goodreads?” is more difficult to come by than you might think.
Why Is It So Hard To Find The Highest Rated Books On Goodreads?
Some lists have questionable parameters, such as 0Books With a Goodreads Average Rating of Over 4.5 and With At Least 100 Ratings, which are generated by users and subject to user error.
How we arrived at our list
There are a lot of books on Goodreads, so if you don’t see some highly rated books you think should be on here, it’s likely because it didn’t have enough ratings, was written by an author already on the list, or we simply overlooked it. Feel free to let us know in the comments if you think we missed something.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Despite some criticism for its portrayal of African American women, Kathryn Stockett’s novel is a book club favorite that tackles hard-hitting topics like race, gender, and class. It’s easy to see why this book became such a bestseller.
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin
Thanks to the HBO TV series, more than a million people have read the books, and the average rating is dangerously close to 4.5, so it’s no surprise to see the series on Goodreads’ Most Popular lists. Now if he could just finish the next book in the series.
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Her young adult fantasy series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and Throne of Glass, are both well-received, and she has won three Goodreads Choice Awards.
The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
The books in the series have received an average Goodreads rating of 4.6.
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare
With a 4.59 average rating and 270,032 ratings on Goodreads, Clare’s Infernal Devices are her most popular books.
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
Another epic fantasy told from the perspective of a wizard turnedu2026bartender? Most of Rothfuss’s other novels, including the sequel to this book, The Wise Man’s Fear, are just as highly rated.
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan
With 4.5 stars, The Last Olympian is the highest-rated book in his Percy Jackson series, and he’s won more GR Choice Awards than any other author since 2011. His works are fantasy, either YA or adult, and he’s won more GR Choice Awards than any other author since 2011.
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
This book, set in WWII France during the Occupation, will break your heart. 4.53 average ratingu2014655,848 ratings 0-
The Green Mile by Stephen King
On Goodreads, The Green Mile is one of the most popular horror novels.
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Although only 1% of the world’s population has read the book, this does not mean they do not enjoy it.
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata (Illustrator), Pookie Rolf (Translator)
Death Note is one of Goodreads’ most popular manga series, as well as one of the highest-rated graphic novel series.
Are there any 5 star books on Goodreads?
Where do you start when looking for the best books to read? You could look up “five star books on Goodreads,” but you’ll find Twilight in the top five, which, while many of you love it, isn’t exactly the epitome of top-notch writing.
What is a good book rating on Goodreads?
Books with a Goodreads average rating of 4.5 or higher and at least 100 ratings. To find the best-rated books on Goodreads, with your help. Please only include books with at least 100 ratings.
What books are 5 5 Goodreads?
5 5 Bookshelves
- The Book Thief (Hardcover) Markus Zusak (Goodreads Author)
- The Astonishing Color of After (Hardcover)
- They Both Die at the End (Hardcover)
- King’s Cage (Red Queen, #3)
- Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
- Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
- The Four Winds (Hardcover)
What are top rated books?
The All-Time Greatest Books
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
Why are there no half stars on Goodreads?
After much research and debate, Goodreads has decided against implementing half stars, owing to the added complexity that half stars would bring to the rating system.
What should I read in 2020 fiction?
The 10 Most Anticipated Fiction Books in 2020
- Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half.
- Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain.
- Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Ayad Akhtar’s Homeland Elegies.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- Megha Majumdar’s A Burning.
Which is the most read book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
Who is the most followed reviewer on Goodreads?
Emily May has amassed more than 80,000 Goodreads followers and has written 1,300 book reviews and counting since joining the site seven years ago, making her the site’s most popular reviewer. She enjoys reading a variety of genres and reads an average of 200 books per year.
How are books rated?
The drug and alcohol use, kissing, nudity, sex and intimacy, and violence and horror categories are not mentioned, implying that there is no notable drug and/or alcohol use, and there is no nudity.
Can you sort Goodreads by rating?
Unfortunately, sorting the books by ratings on the genre lists is not possible at this time.
What does 4 stars mean on Goodreads?
On Amazon, 5 stars means “I love it,” and 4 stars means “I like it,” but on Goodreads, the UI says 5 star reviews are for “amazing” books, and 4 stars means “I really liked it.”
What are the top 10 best selling fiction books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- Sally Rooney’s Beautiful World, Where Are You.
- J.D. Robb’s Forgotten in Death.
- Stephen King’s Billy Summers.
- Paula Hawkins’ A Slow Fire Burning.
- Lauren Groff’s Matrix.
- Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.
- Louise Penny’s The Madness of Crowds.
What are the top 10 best selling books?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.