The Best Comic Books of 2016
The world is full of intricate details from multiple influences, but it reveals itself slowly, piece by piece, in this gorgeous series from Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda.
Captain America: Civil War marked the 50th anniversary of Marvel’s first black superhero, who made his on-screen debut in Monstress. Goldie is joined by a cast of memorable characters, including best friend Cheryl and girlfriend Diane. Chelsea Cain’s Mockingbird series was canceled after only eight issues.
The five-year run on Batman by writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo comes to an end with Batman #51. Kamala Khan is a superhero for the twenty-first century; she faces the same issues as many other millennials. Wonder Woman was the busiest superhero of the year, and there hasn’t been a better time to be a Wonder Woman fan.
What are the most popular comic books 2020?
With that said, there were some fantastic books, and we’re looking forward to discussing the best comics of 2020.
- Shadow of the Batgirl.
- Immortal Hulk.
- The Green Lantern Season Two.
- The Department of Truth.
- Witch Hat Atelier.
- Loneliness of the Long Distance Cartoonist. Adrian Tomine (Writer/Artist)
- Adrian Tomine (Writer/Artist)
- Adrian Tomine (Writer/Artist)
What is the most popular comic book right now?
The Best Comic Book Series Right Now
- 8.8. 22 reviews for Black Widow (2020)
- 8.8. 16 reviews for Shanghai-Chi (2021)
- 8.7. 46 reviews for Superman and the Authority (2021)
- 8.7. 45 reviews for Catwoman (2018)
- 8.7. 43 reviews for Static (2021)
- 8.7. 26 reviews for The Silver Coin
- 8.7. 23 reviews for Nocterra
- 8.7. 21 reviews for Home Sick Pilots
What is the number 1 comic book in the world?
It means that the issue of Action Comics #1, which sold for ten cents when it was released in 1938 and is considered to be the start of the superhero genre, is the world’s most valuable comic book. It is estimated that only about 100 copies of the comic still exist.
What newer comic books are worth money?
There are 20 new comic books worth investing in that will be worth a fortune in the future.
- 1 X-Men Red #1 (via ultimatecomics.com)
- 2 Rick and Morty #1 (via aminoapps.com)
- 3 Ultimate Fallout #4 (via reggiestake.com)
- 4 X-23 Vol. 2 #1 (via reggiestake.com)
- 5 Amazing Spider-Man #700 (via comicbookrealm.com)
- 6 Detective Comics #880 (via comicbookrealm.com)
- 7 Veronica #202 (via comicbookrealm.com)
- 8 All-New Wo
Are comic books still good?
Older comics are still increasing in value, and many are now worth tens of thousands of dollars; in recent years, the steady appreciation of the comic book market has made comic book investment a legitimate asset class that many portfolio managers include in their clients’ portfolios.
What are the best new comics?
Image Comics: Best Comics of 2021 (So Far)
- The Department of Truth. Writer: James Tynion IV.
- Monstress. Writer: Marjorie Liu.
- Haha. Writer: Jonathan Hickman.
- Fire Power by Kirkman and Samnee. Writer: Robert Kirkman.
- Stillwater by Zdarsky and Pu00e9rez. Writer: Chip Zdarsky.
What comics should I be reading 2021?
Here are some of our favorite titles from the first half of 2021, as chosen by the ComicBook.com staff.
- Asadora (Viz Media)
- Barbalien: Red Planet (Dark Horse)
- Beta Ray Bill (Marvel)
- Black Widow (Marvel)
- Chainsaw Man (Viz Media)
- Future State: Dark Detective (DC)
- Future State: Kara Zor-El: Superwoman (DC)
What is the best selling Marvel comic?
According to the most recent data, X-Men #1, which was published in 1991 and has sold nearly 8.2 million copies, is the best-selling American single-issue comic of all time, followed by Marvel X-Force #1, which was also published in 1991 and has sold around five million copies.
What’s the rarest comic book?
New Adventure Comics #26 was first published in 1938, during the early days of DC Comics, and according to the CGC database, there are only 9 registered copies, making it the world’s rarest comic book.
Who sold more comics Marvel or DC?
In the top 300 comics, Marvel Comics had 2,683,072 units, a decrease of 304,345 units, and accounted for 49.68% of the total units, while DC Comics had 1,836,012 units, a decrease of 69,240 units, and accounted for 34.00% of the total units.
What is the most expensive comic book to date?
A pristine issue of the 1938 comic, with its original price of ten cents still on the cover, sold for $3.2 million on eBay in 2014, making it the most valuable comic book ever.
Are any comic books from the 90’s worth anything?
Despite the fact that the end of the twentieth century was a difficult time for the comic book industry, some comics from the 1990s are worth enough to make Bruce Wayne jealous; however, the most important ’90s comics in terms of storytelling and character development aren’t necessarily the most valuable.
Are my old comic books worth anything?
A comic book’s rarity, popularity, and condition are what truly determine its value. A comic book store will not pay you top dollar for a comic book because they need to make a profit.
How do you know if a comic book is valuable?
The best ways to tell if a comic book is valuable
- Low issue number. The number of times a comic book has been published in a year is referred to as the issue number.
- Popular characters.
- First appearances.
- Copies printed.
- The retailer’s perspective.
- Create a checklist.