Trends in 2020 YA Lit
There will be no shortage of YA books featuring bada** girl gangs in 2020, with stories of handsy harrassers, abusive boyfriends, and sex trafficking prevelant, as well as immigrant stories like Kelly Yang’s new book about “parachute” girls.
What’s trending in YA books?
The Best Young Adult Books Coming Out in 2021
- Influence, by Sara Shepard and Lilia Buckingham.
- 11 Paper Hearts, by Kelsey Hartwell.
- Chlorine Sky, by Mahogany L.
- Winterkeep, by Kristin Cashore.
- The Girls I’ve Been, by Tess Sharpe.
- The Wild, by Owen Laukkanen.
What is the most popular YA book right now?
Best-Selling Books for Teens and Young Adults
- #1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Book 1.
- #2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- #3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,…
- #4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,…
- #5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Book 4.
What are ya publishers looking for 2020?
Publishers of Young Adult Fiction
- Allen and Unwin (Children’s and YA fiction)
- Curiosity Quills Press (YA novels)
- Flux (YA fiction)
- Persea Books (YA fiction and nonfiction)
- Polis Books (YA fiction
- genres include mystery, suspense, crime, and supernatural)
- Soho Teen (YA mysteries and thrillers, stories relevant to teens)
- Soho Teen (YA mysteries and thrillers, stories relevant to teens
What is the most popular YA genre?
Contemporary fiction, fantasy, romance, and dystopian fiction are some of the most popular YA genres.
What books should a 14 year old read?
A teenager may want to do a variety of things in order to be cool or fit in. Fiction Books
- Jasper Jones.
- Life of Pi.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- The Martian: Classroom Edition.
- Life of Pi.
Is Harry Potter a ya?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone is not a YA novel; it’s middle-grade, which means it’s for children aged 8 to 12. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone is not a YA novel; however, it did change the way YA is made and marketed.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the most popular teen novel right now 2020?
Here are the most exciting YA books to look forward to in the first half of 2020, without further ado.
- All the Days Past, All the Days to Come. by Mildred D.
- The Conference of the Birds. by Ransom Riggs.
- The Queen’s Assassin.
- Ember Queen.
- The Kingdom of Back.
- The Vanishing Deep.
What is the best teen book to read?
Before they turn 18, teens should read the following 20 books.
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
How do you get your ya novel published?
Here are some pointers on how to get started on the road to becoming a published YA author:
- 1) Write every day, or at least five times a week. 2) Query time: First, make sure your manuscript is ready to query. 3) Query tips: Learn how to write a query.
Where can I submit YA books?
Unagented YA Novel Publishers
- Soho Teen.
- Tor Teen.
- Clarion Books (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books for Young Readers)
- Swoon Reads.
- Bloomsbury Spark.
- Albert Whitman and Company
What do I need to write a book?
15 Amazingly Simple Steps to Writing a Book
- Find your “big idea” The one thing you’ll need to write a book is, of course, an idea.
- Research your genre.
- Create an outline.
- Start strong.
- Focus on substance.
- Write “reader-first”
- Set word count goals.
WHY ARE YA books so popular?
YA books are also great for evoking nostalgia; they can often remind older readers of their childhoods and adolescence, making them a comforting presence for those who refuse to grow up and embrace their mundane, often boring adult lives.
What makes a YA book popular?
A teenage protagonist is the most obvious characteristic of a YA novel; just as adult books feature adult characters, YA books feature young adult characters; the majority of protagonists in YA novels are high-school-aged, so your protagonist should most likely be between the ages of 12 and 18.
Who is highest paid author?
Dan Brown is the world’s highest-paid author, and his bestselling books “The Da Vinci Code” and “Angels and Demons” are considered two of the most popular films in the world. Dan Brown’s net worth is estimated to be $178 million.