40 Books Everyone Should Read: Must Read Books of All Time
It can be difficult to find books worth reading, so we’ve put together this massive list of 40 must-read books in a variety of genres, including fiction, business, and more. Use the contents to jump to the section you’re most interested in, or start scrolling.
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien is one of the most widely read books in the world.
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Set in Afghanistan during a time of tragedy and destruction, The Kite Runner is a moving story about an unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father’s servant.
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling is one of the most popular books of all time, transporting you deep into a world of magic and monsters.
5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five is arguably one of the greatest anti-war novels ever written, following the life of Billy Pilgrim as he experiences World War II through a unique lens.
6. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is a well-known fantasy novel set in Narnia, which is home to mythical beasts and talking animals, and follows a group of schoolchildren as they become entangled in this fantastic world.
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
To Kill a Mockingbird is a must-read novel that explores life in the Deep South during the early twentieth century through the story of a man accused of a crime. Published in 1960, the story explores life in the Deep South through the story of a man accused of a crime.
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief is a story of bravery, hope, and friendship set against the backdrop of Nazi tyranny, and it’ll have you holding your breath for chapters at a time.
9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Wuthering Heights is a classic novel that was first published in 1847 and follows Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff’s struggle on a lonely English moorland. If you enjoy dramatic novels, this is a must-read.
10. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Catcher in the Rye is a classic coming-of-age novel that follows adolescent Holden Caulfield as he leaves his prep school and embarks on a journey of angst and alienation.
11. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Many consider Jane Eyre to be one of the most well-known and influential novels of all time, as it chronicles the experiences of a strong, unbroken woman who continued to grow morally and spiritually despite growing up in a sexist, oppressive Victorian society.
12. Animal Farm by George Orwell
The farm animals are brimming with idealism and a desire to make the world a better place.
13. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Ray Bradbury’s dystopian world shines a light on Western societies’ reliance on the media, with the main character’s job being to find and burn any books he can find until he starts to question everything.
14. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The novel “draws the reader deep into their lives as we get to know each of their flaws, joys, struggles, and fears,” according to author Ann Patchett, “as we get to know each of their flaws, joys, struggles, and fears.”
15. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Fern, the little girl, enlists the help of her farm friends to carry out her clever plan to save her piglet from slaughter in this story.
16. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The story of Victor Frankenstein, a young scientist who creates a monster and brings it to life, is told by English author Mary Shelley, and it raises questions about what makes us human and what love and kindness truly mean.
What book shall I read?
At Least Once In Their Lives, Everyone Should Read These 30 Books
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird.
- George Orwell’s 1984.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
What is the most read book 2021?
So Far, the Must-Read Books of 2021
- Carlo Rovelli’s Helgoland. Jhumpa Lahiri’s Whereabouts. Amanda Gorman’s The Hill We Climb. Ian Manuel’s My Time Will Come. Julian Sancton’s Madhouse at the End of the Earth. Katy Milkman’s How to Change. Krystal Sutherland’s House of Hollow.
What are the You books called?
Caroline Kepnes’ thriller novel You was published in September 2014 and has been translated into 19 languages. It was adapted into a television series of the same name, with sequels Hidden Bodies and You Love Me following in 2016 and 2021, respectively.
What is the most read book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What are the top 10 best selling fiction books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- Sally Rooney’s Beautiful World, Where Are You.
- J.D. Robb’s Forgotten in Death.
- Stephen King’s Billy Summers.
- Paula Hawkins’ A Slow Fire Burning.
- Lauren Groff’s Matrix.
- Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.
- Louise Penny’s The Madness of Crowds.
What books are trending right now?
Also, check out Today’s Top Books to see what’s hot right now.
- Beautiful Country. by Qian Julie Wang.
- Harlem Shuffle. by Colson Whitehead.
- The Girls Are Never Gone. by Sarah Glenn Marsh.
- The Thursday Murder Club. by Richard Osman.
- The Matrix. by Lauren Groff.
What new books are coming out in 2021?
Books that will be released in 2021
- Concrete Rose (The Hate U Give, #0)
- She Who Became the Sun (The Radiant Emperor, #1)
- People We Meet on Vacation (Paperback)
- The Nobleman’s Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks (Montague Siblings, #3)
- One Last Stop (Paperback)
- XOXO (ebook)
- The Gilded Ones (ebook)
- The Gilded Ones (ebook
What should I read for Book Club 2021?
2021 Book Club Selections
- Helen Fisher’s Faye, Faraway.
- Mateo Askaripour’s Black Buck.
- Kristin Hannah’s The Four Winds.
- Naima Coster’s What’s Mine and Yours.
- Sarah Penner’s The Lost Apothecary.
- Gabriela Garcia’s Of Women and Salt.
- Sally Hepworth’s The Good Sister.
- Taylor Jenkins Reid’s Malibu Rising.
Is there a book after Hidden Bodies?
Following 2016’s sequel Hidden Bodies, Kepnes tells Rolling Stone that she’s working on books three and four of the thriller series for Random House. Books one and two inspired the first two seasons of the TV show You, starring Penn Badgley as Goldberg.
How many books is you based on?
You (three-book series) Kindle Edition by Caroline Kepnes, one of Suspense Magazine’s Best Books of the Year, and a brilliant and terrifying novel for the social media age from debut author Caroline Kepnes.
Is You Season 2 like the book?
The 10-episode second season is loosely based on Caroline Kepnes’ novel Hidden Bodies, and it premiered on Netflix on December 26, 2019.