3 Ways to Find Recommended Books Based on Other Books You Love
Other readers and companies understand what you’re going through, which is why they’ve created sites and services that recommend books based on other books you already know you like. Here are three helpful ways to find your next favorite book.
1. Sign up for Personalized Recommendations
TBR (Tailored Book Recommendations) is Book Riot’s personalized recommendation service, which allows you to create personal bookshelves and then view recommendations based on what you put on each bookshelf. Goodreads is also a great resource for finding recommendations.
2. Take A Few Quizzes
They ask you to choose your favorites before handing you a new book to borrow.
3. Check out Similar Reads
Goodreads has a collection of read-alike book lists, and NoveList is a fantastic resource for libraries that works through EBSCOhost. Literature-Map shows other authors who enjoy reading your favorite author, and Gnooks uses a simple method to suggest a new author.
How can I get a list of books I’ve read?
What Is a Reading List and How Do I Make One?
- What kind of list are you making?
- Write it down.
- Add books you’ve always wanted to read but never got around to.
- Add books you’d like to reread.
- Add books about your interests and hobbies.
- Add a few classics.
- Ask family and friends for recommendations.
How do I find a book I like ill?
How to Find Your Next Favorite Book There are five ways to find your next favorite book.
- Get on Goodreads.
- Have an in-person conversation at your local bookstore or library.
- Join a virtual book club.
- Follow a specific (small) publisher.
How do I find new books to read?
On Goodreads, millions of books are rated; sign up, read the reviews, look at the high scores, and find good books in minutes.
- Go to Bookstores.
- Talk to Staff.
- Ask Friends and Family.
- Study Literature.
- The Library.
- Write Your Own.
How do I find good book recommendations?
There are many places to get book recommendations, and here are a few that are trustworthy.
- What Should I Read Next?
- Google Books.
What is the best book to read?
The Best Books of All Time
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
How do I organize my reading books?
Here’s how to figure out which books to keep and which to discard.
- Separate your hardcovers from your paperbacks.
- Organize your books by color.
- Don’t be afraid to stack books.
- Organize books by genre or subject.
- Place your favorite books in the front row.
- Organize your books alphabetically.
What should I read if I like Percy Jackson?
14 Super Series to Read Next After Percy Jackson
- Chris Rylander’s An Epic Series of Failures. Andrew Peterson’s The Wingfeather Saga.
- Dragons in a Bag Series.
- A Sam London Adventure Series.
- Talespinners Series.
- Thrones and Bones Series.
- Knights of the Borrowed Dark Series.
- The Chronicles of Egg Series.
What to read when you don’t know what to read?
The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin is a great book to pick up if you don’t know what to read because it has a page-turning, fast-paced plot, great writing, unforgettable characters, and true human wisdom.
What ya should I read next?
Which YA Novel Should I Read Next?
- Renu00e9e Watson and Ellen Hagan’s Watch Us Rise.
- Roshani Chokshi’s The Gilded Wolves.
- Angie Thomas’ On The Come Up.
- Don Zolidis’ The Seven Torments of Amy and Craig.
- Elizabeth Wein’s A Thousand Sisters.
- Shaun David Hutchinson’s We Are The Ants.
- Courtney Summers’ Sadie.
Can’t find any good books to read?
When you’re looking for a good book to read, here are seven resources to help you find it.
- Start small. Perhaps your imagination needs a kick in the pants from somewhere unexpected.
- Ask Friends.
- Get Technical.
- Get Technical 2.0.
- Check Your Library.
- Browse the Bestsellers.
Which book should a beginner read?
It’s Never Too Late To Begin Reading! There Are 16 Books To Choose From If You’re A Beginner.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- J. D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye
- Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s The Palace of Illusions
- Devdutt Pattanaik’s Sita: An Illustrated Retelling of the Ramayana
- Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner
What fantasy should I read next?
What Should I Read Next? A Fantasy Flowchart to Help You Decide
- The Lord of the Rings: The Classic Epic Fantasy.
- His Dark Materials: The Easy Read Classic.
- The Shannara Series: A Hidden Icon.
- The Legend of Grimdark: The First Law Trilogy.
- A Song of Ice and Fire: The Modern Classic.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What should rea?
I’m not sure what to read next.
- George Orwell’s 1984.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.
- Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five.
- C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird.