If You’ve Never Read Anything by James Baldwin, Here Are the Books You Should Pick Up First
As a biracial person, I was always drawn to my Black roots the most. Arguably his most well-known work, The Fire Next Time may effortlessly change the way you think about race. Baldwin’s words felt so true to me when I read them as a kid. Go Tell It on the Mountain is a story of repression and inspiration.
What is considered James Baldwin’s best book?
9 Must-Read James Baldwin Books
- Our favorite books include: Go Tell It on the Mountain.
- Notes of a Native Son.
- Giovanni’s Room.
- Nobody Knows My Name.
- Another Country.
What are the 3 most important books?
These are the books that have had the greatest impact on literature.
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. William Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. George Orwell’s 1984. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Homer’s The Iliad and Odyssey.
Which is the best book to read?
To Read: Classic Novels
- George Orwell’s Animal Farm
- Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451
- Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women
- E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men
- Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
What books do writers read?
Let’s get into some great books that every writer should read now that that politically correct public service announcement is out of the way.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby / Tender is the Night
- J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye
- Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Ernest Hemingway’s A Farewell to Arms.
What is considered the greatest book of all time?
The All-Time Greatest Books
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
What is the best holy book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.
What’s the worst book ever written?
Irene Iddesleigh (Amanda McKittrick Ros, 1897): widely regarded as the worst novel ever written, with purple prose that is circumlocutory to the point of incomprehensibility, Irene Iddesleigh was published by the author’s husband as an anniversary present.
How do I choose a book to read?
Before picking a book, find out what it’s about by reading the blurb or first few sentences; if one of the books “speaks to you” at this point, go ahead and pick it; if you’re still having trouble deciding, try thinking about what you’re most interested in right now.
What books to read if you like a professor?
How to Read Literature Like a Professor is a New York Times bestseller by Thomas C. Foster, published in 2003, that offers interpretations of common themes, concepts, and symbols found in literature.