What Is an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC)?
An advanced reader copy (ARC) is a nearly-complete pre-published version of a book that is circulated to people who read it before it is published. Also known as a galley, the ARC is generally a paperback edition that isn’t complete and lacks a final proofread or cover design.
How do you tell if a book is an arc?
In most cases, some indication that a book is an ARC will be printed somewhere on the outside of the book, with the spine being the most reliable method of determining if a book is an ARC. Most ARCs will have some indication of the date when it was published.
Where can I find ARCs of books?
How to Get Free Advance Reader Copies (ARCs)
- #booksfortrade #arcsfortrade. Other.
- Quirk Books. Small Publisher.
- Bethany House. Small Publisher.
- Moody Publishers. Small Publisher.
- YA Book Stop. Facebook Group.
- Tyndale. Small Publisher.
- Simon and Schuster. Big Publisher.
Are ARCs illegal to sell?
If you’re wondering if it’s legal to sell some ARCs you’ve been given, the short answer is yes. You’re in the clear legally if you choose to sell ARCs, but the ethics of the situation (and certain exceptions about where ARCs can be sold) are obviously murkier.
How do I get arc readers?
Use your social media platform to announce the availability of your ARC. Consider hyping the ARC further by using printed copies as prizes for a giveaway or contest. Website: Promote your ARC on your website. Your website is the hub of what’s going on with you and your worku2014put it front and center.
How do you get arc books in 2021?
How Do I Get Advanced Reader Copies (ARCS) Of Books?
- Become a book blogger/grammar/tuber.
- Establish a presence as a reviewer on Goodreads and Amazon.
- Ask from Edelweiss or even NetGalley.
- Goodreads giveaways.
Do libraries get ARCs?
You may already be familiar with Edelweiss if you work in collection development or technical services, but any librarian can create an account, browse books, and request ARCs.
How do I get ARCs in 2020?
How to Get Early Access to Books
- Be a book blogger/grammer/tuber. The best way to get ARCs is to have a platform to talk about them from.
- Have a presence as a reviewer on Goodreads and Amazon.
- Request from Edelweiss or NetGalley.
- Goodreads giveaways.
How can I get a free copy of a book?
The Best Sites for Getting Free Books in the Mail
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a well-known organization that sends free books through the mail.
- Bibles of America.
- Natural Inquirer.
- Read Conmigo.
- Barnes and Noble.
How do I get my book from NetGalley?
Members can access their approved books and audiobooks on the free NetGalley Shelf app, or other supported devices and apps, in exchange for feedback. Publishers can also invite their own contacts to read their books using a pre-approved link.
Are proof copies worth money?
To be fair, not every proof or advance reading copy of a book will be collectible; however, if there is demand for the first edition, earlier versions of a book will be collectible u2013 and in some cases, worth as much as, if not more than, the first edition.
What do you do with old ARCs?
What Should You Do With the ARCs You Want to Get Rid Of?
- Host an ARC Giveaway.
- Donate ARCs to a School or Shelter.
- Give Unwanted ARCs to Other Bloggers for Review.
- Trade ARCs on Twitter with the hashtag #BooksForTrade.
Can you sell advanced reading copies?
Yes, you can sell them… on other sites, but not on Amazon. It’s worth noting that when you’re listing books -under collectible– there’s a drop down menu that allows you to select certain conditions Advanced reading is one of them, along with first edition and so on.
Can I get paid for reviewing books?
You can make money doing what you love: reading books. The key to this #hack is book reviewing, which involves giving your personal opinion on a book after you’ve finished it. Because books are constantly being published, book reviewers are in high demand.
How do you become an arc?
Join us right now!
- Prepare. Review the eligibility requirements and the Agency Reporting Agreement (ARA).
- Submit. Submit your application with payment and all supporting documents.
- Next Steps. Your application will be reviewed and your documentation will be verified, followed by an in-person interview at your agency.
How many ARCs should I send out?
The more ARCs you order for your publicist, the bigger the splash your book is likely to make. That’s right: if your publisher recommends that you order at least 75 ARCs for your publicist, you should do so.