Fans of Stephen King will like these 17 chilling reads.
- Zoje Stage’s Baby Teeth are available for purchase. Is there a connection between Gone Girl and The Omen? Dead on Arrival is a novel by Kiki Swinson. Lake Silence is a work of art by Anne Bishop. The Hunger is a novel by Alma Katsu. Dan Simmons’ novel, The Terror.
Who writes like Stephen King?
Joe Hill is a fictional character created by author Joe Hill. Including Stephen King’s son, Joe Hill, on a list of writers like Stephen King would be a disservice to the horror maestro, who relies on his father’s influence while establishing himself as a top horror novelist in his own right.
What is Stephen King’s favorite book of his own?
Both “Survivor Type” and “The Body” were first published in 1982, and are still in print today. When it comes to novels, King has stated that Misery, The Stand, and Lisey’s Story are among his favorites, among many others.
Why do some people not like Stephen King?
Those that admire King may do so because they enjoy his work, his genre, or any other aspect of his personality. Some individuals despise King because of his writing, his genre, or some other aspect of his personality that they find objectionable.
What is considered Stephen King’s best book?
“The Shining” is a psychological thriller. In light of this, it comes as no surprise that Stephen King’s most successful book is also his first-ever bestseller: “The Shining,” a classic horror novel published in 1977 that was made into a cult classic film and a sequel.
How can I be like Stephen King?
Listed below are eight writing tactics shared by King that have helped him sell more than 350 million books worldwide:
- Always tell the truth
- avoid using elaborate words when simple ones would suffice. Single-sentence paragraphs should be used. Prepare your writing for your ideal reader. Read a lot of books.
- Write only one word at a time. Write every day.
- Write just for the pleasure of it.
Who is the best suspense author?
Authors of Popular Crime and Thriller Novels
- Agatha Christie is a British mystery writer. When discussing crime thriller writers, it is practically hard to avoid mentioning Agatha Christie, who is arguably the most well-known author in the genre. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Louise Penny, Ann Cleeves, David Baldacci, Gillian Flynn, Stephen King, Harlan Coben, and many more.
What is the rarest Stephen King book?
Stephen King novels were among the most costly sales on AbeBooks.
- A total of $8,500 was spent on The Regulators, $7,500 on The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger, $5,500 on Firestarter, $4,995, $3,500 on Night Shift, $3,500 on Salem’s Lot, $3,500 on Carrie, and $3,500 on Sie
- a total of $3,500 was spent on The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger.
What is Stephen King’s favorite?
The Regulators cost $8,000. ;The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger cost $7,500. ;Firestarter cost $5,500. ;The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger cost $4,995. ;Night Shift cost $3,500. ;Salem’s Lot cost $3,500. ;Carrie cost $3,500. ;Sie cost $3,000.
Did Stephen King like the Christine movie?
When Stephen King consented to this interview [CONDUCTED IN 1984], he had not yet seen the picture Christine, and as a result, he was not inclined to make any comments about it, which was understandable. He was, on the other hand, delighted to talk about his work as well as his personal thoughts about the 1950s.
Why is Stephen King so skinny?
When interviewed for the Washington Post in 1985, the author revealed that he was 236 pounds and smoking heavily at the time, and that his cardiologist had told him that he couldn’t keep up his current lifestyle for much longer. King quit smoking and began a diet that resulted in his losing a significant amount of weight very rapidly.
How can I meet Stephen King?
A Washington Post interview from 1985 revealed that the author was weighing 236 pounds and smoking heavily at the time, and that his doctor had told him he couldn’t keep up his lifestyle for much longer than a few months. Smoking was discontinued, and King embarked on a weight-loss regimen that resulted in rapid weight loss.
- Read some of his writings. Join the team as a fan.
- Get lucky and know the right people.
- Get even luckier.
- Be courteous, but persistent.
- Make friends.
What is Stephen King’s style of writing?
King used a combination of letters, news clippings, magazine articles, and passages from books to create realism in his novels, and he preferred the epistolary style for this purpose. Stephen King also crafts recognizable characters that, despite their flaws, draw immediate sympathy from readers because they share common human characteristics.
What is the easiest Stephen King book to read?
My top ten list of the finest Stephen King books for complete novices
- The Stand, Carrie, The Dark Tower trilogy, Needful Things, and The Running Man are just a few of the titles that come to mind. Reader reviews for The Long Walk may be found by tapping on the cover art. Reader reviews are available by on the cover image.
- Firestarter Reader reviews for The Green Mile may be found by tapping on the cover art. Reader reviews may be found by tapping on the cover art.
What is The Shining by Stephen King about?
The Shining is a horror book written by American novelist Stephen King that was published in 1977. It is the story of Jack Torrance, a poor writer and recovering alcoholic who accepts a position as the off-season caretaker of the famous Overlook Hotel, located in the Colorado Rockies, in the film The Shining.