8 Novels that are as epic as Game of Thrones
- In addition to The Court of Broken Knives by Anna Smith Spark, Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn Trilogy and Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time series are also recommended. Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James.
- The Broken Empire Series, by Mark Lawrence.
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.
- The Dark Tower Series, by Stephen King.
What should I read if I liked Game of Thrones?
Here are 10 book series to check out once Game of Thrones is ended.
- In addition to the Ashes of the Unhewn Throne trilogy by Brian Staveley, there are the Faithful and the Fallen series by John Gwynne, the Worldmaker Trilogy by Lucy Hounsom, the Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne series by Brian Staveley, and the Tales of the Otori series by Lian Hearn.
What should I read after finishing Game of Thrones?
Are you finished with Game of Thrones? Next, check out these six fantasy series.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
- The Stormlight Archive Series by Brandon Sanderson
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Dark Star Trilogy by Marlon James
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins.
What books go with Game of Thrones?
A Song of Ice and Fire is a fantasy novel that is set in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire.
- A Clash of Kings (1998)
- A Game of Thrones (1996)
- A Clash of Kings (1996)
- A Storm of Swords (2000)
- A Feast for Crows (2005)
- A Dance with Dragons (2011) is a fantasy film directed by Steven Spielberg. The Winds of Winter (to be published in the near future)
- A Dream of Spring (to be published in the near future)
What should I read after A Song of Ice and Fire?
Brandon Sanderson’s ‘The Way of Kings’ and its sequel, ‘World of Radiance,’ are two of my favorite books. Patrick Rothfuss’ novel ‘The Name of the Wind’ and its sequel ‘A Wise Man’s Fear’ are two of my favorite books. Originally Answered: “Fire and Ice” is a song that has been completed (the 5th book).
Are Game of Thrones books better than show?
So, is it preferable to read the Game of Thrones books rather than watch the television series? Either reading or viewing are at their finest at this time. Reading relies on the reader’s imagination for everything, from the characters to the settings, whereas a television series provides everything.
Is Game of Thrones a hard book to read?
It is simple due to the fact that GRRM’s writing style is rather uncomplicated. There will be no tricky metaphors or complex phrases to contend with. However, as others have pointed out, it is difficult to read since there are so many people to keep track of, and you will not always be sure what is going on in the story.
Will there be a book 6 of Game of Thrones?
The Winds of Winter is the sixth fiction in the classic fable collection A Song of Ice and Fire, written by American author George R. R. Martin. It is the planned sixth fiction in the collection. George Martin anticipates that the next two volumes of the sequence will have more than 3,000 original pages combined.
What books inspired George RR Martin?
George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones was inspired by 10 different books.
- 10 Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams
- 9 Philippa Gregory’s Works
- 8 Conan the Barbarian by Robert E.
- 10 Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams 7 Sharon Kay Penman’s Creative Works
- Maurice Druon’s The Accursed Kings is number six on the list. 5 The Avengers #9.
- 4 Eric Frank Russell’s Stories.
- 3 Thomas B.
- 2 Eric Frank Russell’s Stories
Is it worth reading Game of Thrones books?
What remains is to determine whether or not this book is worth your time and effort to read. The answer is, of course, YES. In A Game of Thrones, Martin builds an universe that is very detailed and rich, as well as characters that are extremely complex. In addition, even though I had not read the book, I thoroughly liked watching the television episode.
Are there 5 or 7 books in Game of Thrones?
Books in A Song of Ice and Fire are written in the following order of publication: “A Song of Ice and Fire” (first published in 2011), “A Clash of Kings” (second published in 2012), “A Feast for Crows” (third published in 2013), “A Dance with Dragons” (fourth published in 2014), “The Winds of Winter” (fifth published in 2015), and “A Dream of Spring” (fifth published in 2016).
What age should you read Game of Thrones?
What age is considered too young? The book ‘A Game of Thrones’ has been awarded a 17+ rating by “Common Sense Media,” which is a fantastic resource for determining whether or not content is acceptable for minors. According to the same site, adults have given the book a rating of 14+, while children have given it a rating of 13+.
What are the 3 prequel books to Game of Thrones?
Martin authored three independent novellas, each of which takes place ninety years before the events of the novels they were based on. The Tales of Dunk and Egg are a series of tales that are named for the primary protagonists, Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire “Egg,” who would eventually become King Aegon V Targaryen.
Is there a game of thrones prequel book?
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which takes place over a century before the events of A Game of Thrones, is a collection of the first three official prequel novellas to George R. R. Martin’s epic masterwork, A Song of Ice and Fire, which are published together for the first time.
Is Wheel of time similar to Game of Thrones?
A complicated and ahead-of-its-time universe that is simple enough to adapt cinematically, due to its focused themes and straightforward roster of primary characters, is the setting for this film. However, The Wheel of Time, both in terms of the novels and the television series that has been produced thus far, is not totally comparable to Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire.