Comic Book Price Guide
Quality Comix, America’s largest online vintage comic book store, buys 250,000 vintage comic books every year, and Brent Moeshlin wants you to sell your comic book collection to him, and he’ll treat you with the respect you deserve.
How can you tell if a comic book is worth money?
The best ways to tell if a comic book is valuable
- Low issue number. The number of times a comic book has been published in a year is referred to as the issue number.
- Popular characters.
- First appearances.
- Copies printed.
- The retailer’s perspective.
- Create a checklist.
How do you price comic books?
The grades “Good/Very Good” (3.0), “Good” (2.5), “Good” (2.0), and “Good-” (1.8) describe a comic that has all of its pages but is noticeably creased, rolled, and scuffed. Missing pieces on the cover can be as large as 1/4 to 1/2 inch (about 6.3 to 12.5 mm).
Are comic books worth money?
A comic book that is torn up, well read, or bent is worth far less than one that is in mint condition, though this is still relative, as a very low graded copy of Action Comics #1 can still be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
How much do comic books cost 2020?
The average price of a comic book, according to Newsarama, is $2.99, with larger issues costing $3.99 or $4.99, depending on the size of the issue.
What is the rarest comic book?
New Adventure Comics #26 was first published in 1938, during the early days of DC Comics, and according to the CGC database, there are only 9 registered copies, making it the world’s rarest comic book.
How do I sell comic books?
So, here are some pointers on how to get started and where to sell comic books.
- Sell in person if possible.
- Consult your local comic book store and Half Price Books, but don’t commit right away.
- Sell somewhere legitimate.
What is the most expensive comic book?
The issue of Action Comics #1, which sold for 10 cents when it was released in 1938, has now sold for a record $3.25 million (u00a32.8 million), making it the world’s most valuable comic book.
Are 1980s comics worth anything?
If you want to invest in comics, learn to grade them by their condition. 1980s comics are worth it and can earn you a lot of money.
Where is the best place to sell old comic books?
Where Should You Sell Your Comic Books?
- FangXiaNuo / Getty Images.
- Heritage Auctions. If you have a lot of older and more valuable comic books, I recommend checking out Heritage Auctions.
- Your Local Comic Shop.
- Charitable Contribution.
Are comics dying?
Numerous publishers sent “pencils down” messages to creators, effectively shutting down the weekly comic release schedule. Diamond has since announced a May 20th return to comic book shipment, but the damage had already been done.
Why are comics so expensive?
Comics are typically priced at $3.99 for 20 pages of content because they must pay the creative team, distribute the comic, and profit for the retailer with that money. The comics market already has razor-thin margins, so they are priced so high because they couldn’t make comics if they were priced any lower.
What Marvel comics are worth money?
8 Marvel Comics That Are Worth a Lot of Money
- Captain America Comics #1 (1941) u2014 $630,000.
- Marvel Mystery Comics 128-Page Issue Variant Edition (1942) u2014 $485,000.
- Fantastic Four #1 (1961) u2014 $300,000.
- Avengers #1 (1963) u2014 $275,000.
- The Incredible Hulk #1 (1962) u2014 $230,000.