25 Best Star Trek Books
According to Kirkus Reviews and Publishers Weekly, approximately 850 novels, short story anthologies, novelizations, and omnibus editions have been published as of November 2019. Reviewers will have to decide for themselves if a book sounds like their cup of Earl Grey tea (hot).
The USS Enterprise is lost in the Taurus Reach, a vast and little-known region of space, and Captain James T. Kirk struggles to reunite the ship’s crew, while Spock faces a mystery that puts his skills to the test. The film also delves into the mysterious origins of Starbase 47, also known as Vanguard.
Where should I start with the Star Trek books?
Start with your favorite series: if you like the J.J. Abrams films, there are four YA books set at Starfleet Academy before the films, novelizations of the first two films, and two novels set after the first film; if you prefer Discovery, there are only a few tie-ins so far, so you’re in luck.
Are there any good Star Trek novels?
What should I read if I like Star Trek?
16 Science Fiction Recommendations Inspired by Your Favorite Star Trek Episode
- Spock: More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.
- Data: City by Clifford D.
- Leonard “Bones” McCoy: Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely.
- Michael Burnham: The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.
What is the best book series in 2020?
The 10 Most Anticipated Fiction Books in 2020
- Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half.
- Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain.
- Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Ayad Akhtar’s Homeland Elegies.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- Megha Majumdar’s A Burning.
Do Star Trek books need to be read in order?
Did Star Trek start books?
What does Troi call Riker?
Deanna Troi telepathically called Commander William T. Riker “imzadi” upon their first meeting on board the USS Enterprise-D. ( TNG: “Haven”)
Are Star Trek novels canon?
Most novels, comics, games, and older reference books, such as the Star Fleet Technical Manual, are licensed Star Trek works that, while approved for publication by Paramount/CBS, are not considered part of Star Trek canon.
How many Star Trek comics are there?
Our collection includes all issues from 1967 to 2002, as well as every annual, all articles, and every single advertisement, for a total of over 500 issues, all in a friendly readable PDF format and all printable.
Is Star Trek sci fi or fantasy?
The Star Trek series is the only science fiction series with such a high regard for real science and intelligent writing, which is why many scientists watch it on a regular basis…
What is Star Trek based on?
Star Trek is an American media franchise based on Gene Roddenberry’s science fiction television series of the same name, which aired on NBC for three seasons from 1966 to 1969.
Is Star Trek a speculative fiction?
Star Trek, created by Gene Roddenberry, is sometimes cited as an example of science fantasy, according to writer James F. Broderick, because it includes semi-futuristic as well as supernatural/fantasy elements such as The Q.
What are the top 10 books of 2020?
THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020, SELECTED BY PEOPLE
- What Are You Going Through by Sigrid Nunez.
- Notes on a Silencing by Lacy Crawford.
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Writers and Lovers by Lily King.
- Monogamy by Sue Miller.
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante.
What book sold the most in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)