30 Books All Teens Should Read Before They Turn 18 – Best Books for Teens
Middle grade and young adult books have more to offer than ever before, and no matter where your teen falls on the book-loving spectrum, we have something for them.
Ponyboy’s journey demonstrates how things can spiral out of control when you’re desperate to fit in. Read along with your kids as they read J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, the book that started it all. Stephen Chbosky’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower explores the heartbreaks, friendships, and weirdness of high school.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is an important book for teenagers. Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird is a story about a teenager named Holden Caulfield. J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye is a story about a teenager named Holden Caulfield. 1984 is eerily prescient and demonstrates how important free-thinking is to protect. Laurie Halse Anderson’s Speak is a story about the challenges of speaking
What is the best book for a teenager to read?
Before they turn 18, teens should read the following 20 books.
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
What books should 16 year olds read?
Every 16-year-old should read these 16 coming-of-age books.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Stephen Chbosky, 1999.
- The Outsiders. SE Hinton, 1967.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee, 1960.
- The Lord of the Rings. JRR Tolkien, 1954.
- Great Expectations. JD Salinger, 1951.
What Ya books are popular right now?
15 Young Adult Books You Should Read Right Now
- Dahlia Adler’s Cool for the Summer.
- Emma Lord’s You Have a Match.
- Be Dazzled by Ryan La Sala.
- A Breath Too Late by Rocky Callen.
- The Lucky List by Rachael Lippincott.
- One of the Good Ones by Maika Moulite and Maritza Moulite.
- The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe.
What books can a 14 year old read?
Books of Fiction
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- The Martian: Classroom Edition.
- Jasper Jones.
- Life of Pi.
What book should a 15 year old read?
The plot revolves around a friendship between two boys who both support and betray each other’s trust.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
- The Outsiders.
- Huckleberry Finn’s Adventures.
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
What is a good book for a teenage girl to read?
57 Teenage Girl-Friendly Books
- George Orwell’s Animal Farm. Louise Rennison’s Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series. J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series. John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. Rainbow Rowell’s Eleanor and Park. Tomi Adeyemi’s Children of Blood and Bone. Alice Walker’s The Color Purple.
Who is the most famous teenager?
Who Are The World’s Most Popular Teenagers?
- Lorde, 17.
- Clo Grace Moretz, 17.
- Jaden Smith, 17.
- Austin Mahone, 17.
- Malala Yousafzai, 17.
- Rico Rodriguez, 16.
- Nash Grier, 16.
What books should I read 13 year old?
A Comprehensive List of Books for 13-Year-Olds
- Veera Hiranandani’s The Night Diary
- Pete Hautman’s Slider
- S. E. Hinton’s The Outsiders
- M.T. Anderson and Eugene Yelchin’s The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge
- Celeste Lim’s The Crystal Ribbon
- Alan Gratz’s Refugee
What is trending in YA fiction?
Here are the YA fiction trends for 2021!
- What is Young Adult Fiction? YA Trend #1: Epic Fantasy. YA Trend #2: Thrillers. YA Trend #3: Romance Novels. YA Trend #4: Tearjerkers.
Can you see me book autism?
Can You See Me? is an endearing, insightful, and warmly uplifting story about autism, empathy, and kindness that will touch readers of all ages. Something Tally can’t hide, no matter how hard she tries: Tally is autistic. Tally’s autism means that she is bothered by things she wishes didn’t bother her.
How long should a 13 year old read?
A beginning reader should spend at least 20 minutes a day reading to or with someone, with books that are relatively easy for your child. This will help build fluency, and you’ll notice that your child will stop decoding words less frequently over time.
What is the best book to read?
The Best Books of All Time
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.