West Point’s Reading List
The United States Military Academy, also known as West Point, was founded in 1802 and is the oldest of the five service academies in the United States. Notable graduates include Ulysses Grant, George Patton, and Douglas MacArthur. For more information on this historic military institution, click here.
West Point History
Rick Atkinson’s The Long Grey Line- The American Journey of West Point’s Class of 1966 spans 25 years and follows three graduates during their cadet years. Stephen Ambrose’s Duty Honor Country spans 25 years and follows three graduates during their cadet years.
The Class of 1846 – These men fought in three wars and left a lasting legacy of bravery, brilliance, and bloodshed. John Waugh’s book follows Stonewall Jackson, George McClellan, and George Pickett.
Admissions- Parents Guide and the West Point Experience
Daniel Rice and John Vigna’s book, West Point Leadership: Profiles of Courage, is an inspirational and award-winning book that includes 200 authorized biographies and interviews of notable graduates, as well as over 1600 beautiful photographs, and is a must-read for aspiring cadets and their families.
Ed Ruggero’s book, Duty First: West Point and the Making of Military Leaders, is a coming-of-age novel about a student who becomes a soldier and puts his West Point education into practice. Craig Mullaney’s novel, The Unforgiving Minute: A Soldier’s Education, is a coming-of-age novel about a student who becomes a soldier and puts his West Point education into practice.
What is a good military book to read?
These are all excellent reads.
- U201cThe Forever Waru201d by Dexter Filkins.
- U201cThe Pentagon Warsu201d by James Burton.
- U201cBlack Hawk Downu201d by Mark Bowden.
- U201cOne Bullet Awayu201d by Nathaniel Fick.
- U201cBand of Brothersu201d by Stephen Ambrose.
- U201cWe Were Soldiers Once…
What books do they read at West Point?
Books on the West Point Reading List
- Want to Read: S.L.A. Marshall’s Men Against Fire: The Problem of Battle Command in Future War
- Brenu00e9 Brown’s Dare to Lead
- Sean McFate’s The New Rules of War: Victory in the Age of Durable Disorder
What is the Navy reading list?
The Reading List for the Chief of Naval Operations in 2021
- GHOST FLEET: A Novel of the Next World War By P.W. Singer and August Cole.
- NEPTUNE’S INFERNO: The US Navy at Guadalcanal By James D.
- SIX FRIGATES: The Epic History of the US Navy’s Founding By Ian W.
What battles are studied at West Point?
Phase I of the Cynoscephalae Battle. Phase II of the Cynoscephalae Battle. Phase III of the Cynoscephalae Battle. Phase IV of the Cynoscephalae Battle.
What is the best book to read?
The Best Books of All Time
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
Who is the best publication?
21 of India’s Most Prominent Book Publishers
- Jaico Publishing House was India’s first publisher of English-language paperback books, starting in 1946.
- Westland Publications.
- Penguin Random House India.
- Roli Books.
- Rupa Publications.
- Hachette India.
- Aleph Book Company.
- HarperCollins Publishers India.
What is West Point acceptance rate?
12% by 2020
Is the art of war taught at West Point?
Since 1802 cadets at West Point Military Academy have been taught how to fight.
What books do CIA agents read?
Memoirs and Biographies
- Honorable Men: My Life in the CIA, by William E.
- From the Shadows: The Ultimate Insider’s Story of Five Presidents and How They Won the Cold War, by Robert Gates.
- Gentleman Spy: The Life of Allen Dulles, by Peter Grose.
- A Spy’s Journey: A CIA Memoir, by Floyd Paseman.
What does the Mcpon do?
The Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy is the senior enlisted advisor to the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and the Chief of Naval Personnel, and is appointed by the Chief of Naval Operations to serve as a spokesperson for enlisted personnel to the highest positions in the Navy.
Who has the highest GPA at West Point?
Mason and Lee also have the two highest graduation point scores in West Point history, with Douglas MacArthur holding the third highest score.
What GPA is required for West Point?
You should aim for the 75th percentile with a 1360 SAT or a 30 ACT and a 3.9 GPA or higher to have the best chance of getting in; if your GPA is lower than this, you must compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score.
Is West Point hard to get into?
West Point is extremely difficult to get into; only 10 students out of every 100 applicants are accepted, so you must have a stellar application to be considered. One of the most important factors on your application is your GPA; admitted West Point applicants have an average GPA of 3.74.