20 Amazing Nonfiction Books for Preschoolers
It can be difficult to incorporate nonfiction books into everyday reading with preschoolers, but here are a few great places to start. We use affiliate links and may receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on them. Check out our 10 tips for reading nonfiction or informational books with preteens.
Ada Twist’s Big Project Book for Stellar Scientists by Andrea Beaty
This book is a companion to Andrea Beaty’s popular Ada Twist, Scientist, and is full of projects for curious kids who want to learn.
Truth About Bears by Maxwell Eaton
This book will teach you everything you need to know about bears, and the facts are age-appropriate for preschoolers. It isn’t too dense for younger children, and it isn’t too confusing for older children.
Beware of the Crocodile by Martin Jenkins
Beware of the Crocodile is an illustrated nonfiction book packed with facts that will pique the interest of curious preschoolers.
Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate by Sara Levine
A cactus explains why flowers come in a variety of colors and grow in different parts of the world; it’s fascinating information presented in an easy-to-understand way for preschoolers to learn about plants, flowers, and their differences.
Bloom Boom! by April Pulley Sayre
Bloom Boom! is a book that uses minimal words to highlight the flowers of plants, and it’s a great way to practice discussing photographs and facts with preschoolers.
Little People, Big Dreams: Marie Curie by Isabel Sanchez Vegara
I adore the Little People, Big Dreams series, and this book about Marie Curie is a wonderful introduction to her life and work; it’s written in narrative form, so it’s a good transition book for toddlers who are used to fiction picture books.
An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Aston
An Egg is Quiet, by the author of Butterflies Are Peaceful, is about eggs – and how to raise a child in a world dominated by their own chirping sounds. He struggled to find a good enough egg for his baby to understand.
How do you teach nonfiction to preschoolers?
Here are some tried-and-true tips for making nonfiction reading fun for young children.
- Adjust your reading approach.
- Make it interactive.
- Explore different types of nonfiction.
- Focus on making connections.
What books are appropriate for preschoolers?
50 Fantastic Preschool Books
- Bear is Awake! : An Alphabet Story by Hannah E.
- The Peas Series by Keith Baker.
- Baby Goes to Market by Atinuke.
- Tangled: A Story About Shapes by Anne Miranda.
What are good nonfiction book topics?
The Top 10 Non-Fiction Categories in Print Books on Amazon
- Biographical sketches
What are the top 10 nonfiction books right now?
2020’s Top Ten Nonfiction Books
- Isabel Wilkerson’s Caste
- Cathy Park Hong’s Minor Feelings
- Wayu00e9tu Moore’s The Dragons, the Giant, the Women
- Natasha Trethewey’s Memorial Drive
- Les Payne and Tamara Payne’s The Dead Are Arising
- Helen Macdonald’s Vesper Flights
- Karla Cornejo Villavicencio’s The Undocumented Americans
How do you introduce a nonfiction book to a child?
Integrate nonfiction and play by placing a telephone book near a play phone, a fine arts poster in the art area, and a book about bridges or construction sites in the block area. You are not only allowing children to experiment with real-life tools, but you are also exposing them to a variety of informational print.
What are 3 appropriate books for preschoolers?
14 Books Every 3-Year-Old Should Read
- Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- Llama Llama Red Pajama.
- All by Myself (Little Critter)
- The Little Engine That Could: 90th Anniversary Edition.
- Dragons Love Tacos.
- Richard Scarry’s Cars, Trucks, and Things That Go.
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be.
What books should my 4 year old be reading?
Our top ten favorite books for 4-year-olds are listed below.
- The Pout-Pout Fish. For the Pouty Pants.
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be. Dreaming Big.
- Pete the Cat.
- A Collection of Stories for 4 Year Olds.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
- If Animals Kissed Goodnight.
What are the preschool activities?
25 Language Activities for Preschoolers that are both entertaining and educational
- Kicking the letter cup.
- Color sorting letters.
- Alphabet pillow jumping.
- Alphabet knock down.
- Children’s book in a bottle.
- Crocodile circle.
- Feather tip salt tray writing.
How do you write a good non fiction book?
8 Steps to Writing a Nonfiction Book
- Identify your u201cwhy.u201d The u201cwhyu201d is at the heart of any worthwhile creative endeavor: why are you writing this particular book?
- Identify your target audience.
- Do your research.
- Piece together the narrative.
- Set manageable goals for yourself.
What is an example of nonfiction?
Expository, argumentative, functional, and opinion pieces; essays on art or literature; biographies; memoirs; journalism; and historical, scientific, technical, or economic writings (including electronic ones) are all examples of nonfiction.
What type of ebooks sell best?
The following are Amazon’s top five selling ebook categories:
- Biographies and Memoirs. Biographies and Memoirs. Business and Money. Self Help. Cookbooks, Food, and Wine.
What are the 10 best selling books?
The Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time are as follows:
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What are the top 10 best selling fiction books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- Sally Rooney’s Beautiful World, Where Are You.
- J.D. Robb’s Forgotten in Death.
- Stephen King’s Billy Summers.
- Paula Hawkins’ A Slow Fire Burning.
- Lauren Groff’s Matrix.
- Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.
- Louise Penny’s The Madness of Crowds.