- Some Harry Potter books are quite valuable and are worth thousands of dollars. Collectors and die-hard Harry Potter fans are known to pay high price for specific copies of the iconic series, and eBay is the best location to sell the books and make a quick buck.
How do I sell my Harry Potter books?
How to Make Money Selling Harry Potter Books
- In order to receive the best pricing, you must enter the ISBN. Get a quick appraisal, accept the offer, and choose your preferred mode of payment.
- Fill a box with your things and mail them to us for free. Relax. You will be compensated after the book-buyer has received your books.
Are my old Harry Potter books worth anything?
“Price ranges from roughly $6,500 for first edition first printings, with a good selection between $4,000 and $5,000 – many of which are autographed by the author – however cheaper copies can be discovered,” says the author. For subsequent copies in good condition, the prices are in the three-digit range.
What is the rarest Harry Potter book?
During a recent auction in Leyburn, the United Kingdom, a rare first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling sold for more than $110,000. The book, which was one of 500 hardback first editions published in 1997, was purchased at a book store in Nottingham, and on the copyright page, J.K. Rowling’s name is listed as “Joanne Rowling,” not J.K. Rowling.
How much would a first edition Harry Potter book sell for?
A rare first edition of J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” sold for more than $400,000 on Thursday at a Dallas auction house, shattering the modern-literature world record for the most expensive book ever sold at auction. According to Heritage Auctions in Dallas, the ultimate price was $471,000, with the artwork being acquired by a “private American collector from the Midwest.”
How many Harry Potter books have been sold?
Around the world, more than 500 million copies of the Harry Potter novels have been sold, with more than 180 million copies sold in the United States alone.
How do I know if my book is worth money?
International sales of the Harry Potter books have exceeded 500 million copies, with more than 180 million copies sold in just the United States.
How do you tell a first edition?
On the copyright page, the publisher may use the phrases “first edition” or “first printing” to indicate that this is the publisher’s first printing. Another frequent means of identification is the number line, which is a series of digits printed on the copyright page of the document. When a one is included in the line, it is usually indicative of a first edition.
Where can I sell my first edition books online?
Where can you sell your rare book on the internet?
- Flipsy.com – Flipsy is a website where you can sell your book. You may sell your book on Direct Textbook to get the best price possible. You can also sell it on eBay to get the best price possible. Amazon.com – Sell your rare book on Amazon.
- Abe Books – Find individual book buyers on Abe Books.
Which Harry Potter book has the misprint?
Flipsy.com – Flipsy is a website where you can sell your books. You may sell your book on Direct Textbook to get the best price possible. You can also sell it on eBay to get money. Amazon.com – Sell your rare book on Amazon. ; Abe Books — Look up particular book buyers.
How do you know if your Harry Potter is a first edition American?
“United States first editions will contain the number line “1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 8 9/9 0/0 01 02” on the copyright page, as well as the words “Printed in the United States of America.23” and the words “First American edition, October 1998.” The prices for subsequent copies in good condition are in the three-figure bracket.”
Are Ted Smart Harry Potter books worth anything?
Ted Smart is the author and publisher. This isn’t very valuable at all: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, and The Deathly Hallows are the titles of the books in this series. Due to the large number of copies that were made, they are not particularly valuable unless you have a signed copy or a deluxe edition.
How much is the most expensive Harry Potter book?
The Harry Potter book, which sold for $471,000, is the most expensive work of fiction published in the twentieth century.
- It was last updated on December 12, 2021, 12:19 IST. Reuters.