Dean Koontz, 76, was born in Everett, Pennsylvania on July 9, 1945, and has written under the pen names Aaron Wolfe, David Axton, Deanna Dwyer, John Hill, Leigh Nichols, and K.R. Dwyer. His books have sold over 450 million copies worldwide.
Koontz was born on July 9, 1945, in Everett, Pennsylvania, and won a fiction competition sponsored by Atlantic Monthly magazine in 1967. During the 1960s, he worked for the Appalachian Poverty Program, a federally funded program that aided poor children.
Known pseudonyms include Deanna Dwyer, Aaron Wolfe, David Axton, Brian Coffey, John Hill, Leigh Nichols, Owen West, Richard Paige, and Anthony North. He was once the world’s sixth-highest paid author, tied with John Grisham, at $25 million annually. Many of his novels are set in and around Orange County, California.
Many of author Dean Koontz’s books were inspired by one of his dogs, Trixie, a Golden Retriever who was a gift from Canine Companions for Independence. Author Dean Koontz continued to write under the moniker “TOTOS,” which stands for “Trixie on the Other Side.”
Dean Koontz has stated that he did not write erotic novels in the 1960s and 1970s, and that his identity was stolen by someone who submitted letters and articles to fanzines under his name, which he will reveal in his memoirs.
Dean Koontz, the film’s director, left the project in the middle of production because he didn’t like the direction it was taking.
What genre does Dean Koontz write?
Dean Ray Koontz (born July 9, 1945) is an American author who writes suspense thrillers with elements of horror, fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and satire.
What is Dean Koontz scariest book?
5 Books by Dean Koontz That Remind Us How Great He Is
- The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk Series #2) Hardcover $28.00.
- Demon Seed: A Thriller. Paperback $15.00.
- Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas Series #1) Paperback $9.99.
- Watchers. Paperback $9.99.
- Phantoms: A Thriller.
What Dean Koontz book should I read first?
Start with some of Dean Koontz’s other works.
- Click on the cover for reader reviews of The Bad Place.
- The Odd Thomas series. Click on the cover for reader reviews of Night Chills.
- Dragon Tears. Click on the cover for reader reviews of Life Expectancy.
What is Dean Koontz best selling book?
Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz, Dean Koontz
- Dean Koontz’s #1. The Taking. 4.4 out of 5 stars 2,653.
- #2. Odd Thomas. Dean Koontz.
- #3. False Memory. Dean Koontz.
- #4. By the Light of the Moon. Dean Koontz.
- #5. Life Expectancy: A Novel. Dean Koontz.
- #6. Fear Nothing. Dean Koontz.
- #7. From the Corner of His Eye. Dean Koontz.
What the Night Knows synopsis?
What the Night Knows is a 2010 novel by bestselling author Dean Koontz, which debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times Bestseller List. It follows the life of John Calvino, a survivor of a violent attack on his family and current police officer, and is based on the novella “Darkness Under the Sun.”
How old is Helen Oyeyemi?
Stephen King is an American author with a net worth of $400 million, having sold over 350 million copies of his novels worldwide. His books and screenplays usually fall into the horror, fantasy, gothic, and suspense genres, and some of his most popular books have been made into movies.
What is the best Dean Koontz?
Dean Koontz’s 16 Most Shiver-Inducing Books
- Midnight (1989) Buy on Amazon.
- The Bad Place (1990) Buy on Amazon.
- Dragon Tears (1993) Buy on Amazon.
- Mr. Murder (1993)
- Intensity (1995) Buy on Amazon.
- Odd Thomas (2003) Buy on Amazon.
- Life Expectancy (2004) Buy on Amazon.
Who is the richest author ever?
The richest authors of all time are listed below. According to Most Expensive Thing, Elisabeth Badinter is the most valuable author in the world, with a net worth of $1.3 billion.
Do you have to read Robin Cook books in order?
If you’re wondering whether we should read the Robin Cook books in order, especially since he’s written not only standalone medical thrillers but also a couple of shorter series, my personal opinion (after reading every book by the author) is that it’s not necessary.
What is the order of Dean Koontz books?
Novels by Dean Koontz reach No. 1 from 1990 to 1999.
- “The Bad Place” was published in 1990
- “Cold Fire” was published in 1991
- “Hideaway” was published in 1992
- “Mr. Murder” was published in 1993
- “Dragon Tears” was published in 1994
- “Winter Moon” was published in 1994
- “Dark Rivers of the Heart” was published in 1994
- and “Strange Highways” was published in 1994.