The 10 Best Books of 2012 (Published 2012)
FICTION BRING UP THE BODIES by Hilary Mantel. A John Macrae Book/ Henry Holt/ Penguin Random House/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster/S
“A Hologram for the King,” by Dave Eggers, tackles universal themes in a playful and profound way; “The Yellow Birds,” by Zadie Smith, is her first novel in seven years; and “The Yellows,” by Kevin Powers, is intimate and searingly direct.
What are the top 3 most read books?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What are the top 10 history books?
Here is a list of some of the best history books available for you to read and learn from.
- Spencer Striker, PhD. created History Adventures, World of Characters, Revolutions, and Industrialization from 1750 to 1900. The Guns of August.
- The Liberation Trilogy.
- The Crusades.
- Caesar and Christ.
- A History of American People.
What is the number 1 book in 2020?
Delia Owens’ Where the Crawdads Sing topped the overall adult chart for the first half of 2020, surprising almost no one in the publishing industryu2014a resounding success for a debut novel by any definition, especially given that adult fiction typically sells far less than nonfiction.
What is the 2 most read book in the world?
The Holy Quran is the world’s second most read book, and according to a survey, it is not only the most read book in the Islamic world, but also the most recited book of all time. Quotation from Mao Tse u2013tung’s works is the world’s third most read book.
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
Who has sold the most books ever?
Agatha Christie // Over 2 billion books sold According to Guinness World Records, Agatha Christie is the “world’s best-selling fiction writer,” with over 2 billion books sold, and UNESCO lists Christie as the most translated author in history.
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What is the most popular book?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What is the most read book in history?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
Who is the best historian in the world?
Today’s Ten Most Influential Historians
- Anthony Grafton.
- Marnie Hughes-Warrington.
- Eric Foner.
- Dipesh Chakrabarty.
- Niall Ferguson.
- Simon Schama.
- Timothy Snyder.
- Henry Reynolds.
What are the top 10 books of 2020?
THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020, SELECTED BY PEOPLE
- What Are You Going Through by Sigrid Nunez.
- Notes on a Silencing by Lacy Crawford.
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Writers and Lovers by Lily King.
- Monogamy by Sue Miller.
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante.
What are the top 10 fiction books of 2020?
The 10 Most Anticipated Fiction Books in 2020
- Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half.
- Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain.
- Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Ayad Akhtar’s Homeland Elegies.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- Megha Majumdar’s A Burning.
What is the #1 best selling book 2019?
2019’s Best-Selling Books
- #1. Where the Crawdads Sing.
- #2. Becoming.
- #3. Educated: A Memoir.
- #4. Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls: From the Creator of…
- #5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies…
- #6. Dog Man: Fetch-22: From the Creator of…
- #7. Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14)