The Most Commonly Read Books in High Schools
Reading will be at the heart of your English studies, whether you attend a public, private, magnet, charter, religious, or online high school. It is critical that you consume literature in a stimulating and engaging manner, regardless of the type of high school you attend.
The Scarlet Letter is a story of adultery and guilt set during Puritan rule. Huckleberry Finn has been controversial since its release in the United States. Many high school students enjoy F. Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 The Great Gatsby. Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the most widely read books in the United States.
What are the top 3 most read books?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What is the most books ever read?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
What is the 2 most read book in the world?
The Holy Quran is the world’s second most read book, and according to a survey, it is not only the most read book in the Islamic world, but also the most recited book of all time. Quotation from Mao Tse u2013tung’s works is the world’s third most read book.
What is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What is the most read book in America?
The 100 finalists were chosen from a national survey of 7,200 Americans, conducted by YouGov, in which they were asked to name their favorite novels. u201cTo Kill a Mockingbirdu201d received 242,275 votes out of nearly 4.3 million cast.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
Who has sold the most books ever?
J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is the best-selling book series in history, with more than 500 million copies sold worldwide.
What are the 10 most read books in the world?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
What is the least read book in the world?
Because ” A Brief History Of Time” is widely regarded as the least-read book ever, he calls it the Hawking Index.
What is the most famous story in the world?
They explain why in this video.
- Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe, 1958)
- One Thousand and One Nights (various authors, 8th-18th Centuries)
- Don Quixote (Miguel de Cervantes, 1605-1615)
- Hamlet (William Shakespeare, 1603)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcu00e1 Mu00e1rquez, 1967)
- The Iliad (Homer, 8th Centuries BC