Which book genre is the most popular?
According to Nielsen BookScan, the most popular book genre is romance, which is also the most profitable fiction book genre. The most popular book genre depends on the format and situation – e-books, hardbacks, paperbacks, and magazines are among the best-selling titles in the world.
List of Most Popular Book Genres
Please note that the publishing industry refers to the groups into which books are grouped as ‘genres,’ but if you look at Amazon, you will see that these are referred to as ‘categories.’
Book Genres That Make the Most Money
Some book genres are more profitable per book than others, with Romance/Erotica ($1.44 billion), Crime/Mystery ($728.2 million), Science Fiction/Fantasy ($590.2 million), and Religious/Inspirational ($720 million) topping the list on Amazon.com.
Bestselling Audiobook Genres
Between 2017 and 2018, audiobook sales increased by nearly 25%, reaching nearly $1 billion in 2018. The top five bestselling audiobook genres are literature, fantasy, science fiction, thriller, romance, and young adult.
Least & Most Competitive Book Genres on Kindle
The top ten most competitive Amazon categories are: Romance – Contemporary – Historical – Sci-fi – Fantasy – Science Fiction – Urban Fantasy – Non-fiction – Children’s Books. Some writers are interested in the competitiveness of certain book genres and show interest in learning where publishing opportunities might exist.
What genre of books sell the most?
What are the most popular book genres right now?
- Crime and Thriller.
- Religious and Self-help.
- Children’s Books u2013 Humor.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
What is the best-selling genre of books 2020?
The most popular book genre varies depending on the format and situation: the most popular and profitable fiction book genre is romance; the most popular non-fiction genre is religious and inspirational books; and the most popular audiobook genre is thrillers.
What book genres are popular in 2020?
We Predict 7 Book Genre Trends for 2020
- 4 Political Dystopian Fiction (Kyla’s Pick)
- Diverse Fantasy and Sci-Fi (Allison’s Pick)
- Light-Hearted Sci-Fi and Fantasy (Kyle’s Pick)
- Steampunk Fantasy (Emma’s Pick)
- Fantasy Heist (Allison’s Pick)
Which genre has the most sales?
Hip-hop and rap were the most popular music genres in 2018, despite the genre’s reputation for polarizing audiences. Singer Drake arguably influenced sales within the genre that year, with his album ‘Scorpion’ topping the list of best-selling albums in the United States based on total streams and his album ‘Scary Hours’ also making the top ten.
What is the least popular book genre?
- 14 votes: 8.2% dystopian
- 8 votes: 4.7% supernatural
- 8 votes: 4.7% fantasy
- 5 votes: 2.9% thriller
- 5 votes: 2.9% historical fiction
- 4 votes: 2.3% memoir
- 3 votes: 1.8% mystery
- 2 votes: 1.2% realistic fiction
What are the 5 main genres?
Despite the fact that this genre is often divided into five subgenres: fantasy, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, mystery, and science fiction, there are many other types of fiction, ranging from romance to graphic novels.
What is the most popular book?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What books are trending right now?
Also, check out Today’s Top Books to see what’s hot right now.
- Beautiful Country. by Qian Julie Wang.
- Harlem Shuffle. by Colson Whitehead.
- The Girls Are Never Gone. by Sarah Glenn Marsh.
- The Thursday Murder Club. by Richard Osman.
- The Matrix. by Lauren Groff.
What genres are trending?
There are eight popular literary genres.
- Mystery: Many popular mystery books draw a large readership, especially if they’re part of a larger series.
- Fantasy and science fiction: Fantasy books frequently take place in a time period other than our own.
What is genre of a book?
A genre is a specific type of music, film, or writing that is defined by the subject, setting, or plot of the story in film or literature. When browsing a bookstore, books are usually organized by genre.
What is the least popular music genre?
In the United States, jazz is the least popular musical genre.
What is the number 1 genre of music 2021?
While pop leads a quarter of the way through 2021, the genres were tied at 41% for the entire year of 2020. In 2019, pop took the lead (48% vs. 34%) after hip-hop led in both 2018 (59% vs. 34%) and 2017.
What is the number 1 genre of music 2020?
Hip-Hop is predicted to be the most popular genre in 2020.