Class Reads: Reading recommendations for students!
Each list includes reviews of twenty-four books, four of which are chosen as the subject of a resource guide. The goal of Class Reads is for students to find books that will delight, entertain, and connect with them, as well as for teachers and librarians to feel supported and have useful resources to draw from.
What books do people mostly read?
According to Goodreads, these are the 15 most re-read books.
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee.
- ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ by J.K. Rowling.
- ‘1984’ by George Orwell.
- ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ by J.D. Salinger.
- Every Other Harry Potter Book.
What is the most read book in schools?
Here are a few of the most popular books on high school reading lists:
- Most schools’ lists include Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- Romeo and Juliet is also on the list
- and Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story about an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, is also on the list.
What is the most popular reading book?
Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling is the best-selling book series in history, with more than 500 million copies sold worldwide; the first novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, has sold more than 120 million copies, making it one of the best-selling books of all time.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020, SELECTED BY PEOPLE
- What Are You Going Through by Sigrid Nunez.
- Notes on a Silencing by Lacy Crawford.
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Writers and Lovers by Lily King.
- Monogamy by Sue Miller.
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante.
What book is most read in high school?
The Indispensable Books List
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
- To Kill a Mockingbird.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
What books should a 14 year old read?
A teenager may want to do a variety of things in order to be cool or fit in. Fiction Books
- Jasper Jones.
- Life of Pi.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- The Martian: Classroom Edition.
- Life of Pi.
What books do we read in high school?
Read or reread classics from high school English
- Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights
- William Golding’s Lord of the Flies
- John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath
- James Baldwin’s Go Tell It on the Mountain
- S. E. Hinton’s The Outsiders
- Toni Morrison’s Beloved
- Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
The Holy Quran is the world’s second most read book, and according to a survey, it is not only the most read book in the Islamic world, but also the most recited book of all time. Quotation from Mao Tse u2013tung’s works is the world’s third most read book.
What is the number 1 selling book in the world?
The Bible is the best-selling book of all time, with over 5 billion copies sold to date. It was written by a number of authors and is divided into two sections: the Old Testament and the New Testament.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What are the top 10 best selling fiction books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- Sally Rooney’s Beautiful World, Where Are You.
- J.D. Robb’s Forgotten in Death.
- Stephen King’s Billy Summers.
- Paula Hawkins’ A Slow Fire Burning.
- Lauren Groff’s Matrix.
- Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.
- Louise Penny’s The Madness of Crowds.