40 Books Everyone Should Read: Must Read Books of All Time
It can be difficult to find books worth reading, so we’ve put together this massive list of 40 must-read books in a variety of genres, including fiction, business, and more. Use the contents to jump to the section you’re most interested in, or start scrolling.
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien is one of the most widely read books in the world.
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Set in Afghanistan during a time of tragedy and destruction, The Kite Runner is a moving story about an unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father’s servant.
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling is one of the most popular books of all time, transporting you deep into a world of magic and monsters.
5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five is arguably one of the greatest anti-war novels ever written, following the life of Billy Pilgrim as he experiences World War II through a unique lens.
6. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is a well-known fantasy novel set in Narnia, which is home to mythical beasts and talking animals, and follows a group of schoolchildren as they become entangled in this fantastic world.
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
To Kill a Mockingbird is a must-read novel that explores life in the Deep South during the early twentieth century through the story of a man accused of a crime. Published in 1960, the story explores life in the Deep South through the story of a man accused of a crime.
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief is a story of bravery, hope, and friendship set against the backdrop of Nazi tyranny, and it’ll have you holding your breath for chapters at a time.
9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Wuthering Heights is a classic novel that was first published in 1847 and follows Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff’s struggle on a lonely English moorland. If you enjoy dramatic novels, this is a must-read.
What are the most useful books to read?
I’ve Read the 6 Most Useful Books
- Contents: Jane Roberts’ The Nature of Personal Reality. Stuart Diamond’s Getting More. Walter Lippmann’s Public Opinion. Ponk Vonsydow’s The Propaganda Techniques. Wallace D. Wattles’ The Science of Getting Rich. Robert A. Glover’s No More Mr. Nice Guy!
What are the 3 most important books?
These are the books that have had the greatest impact on literature.
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. William Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. George Orwell’s 1984. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Homer’s The Iliad and Odyssey.
What are the top 5 novels of all time?
The u201cGreatest Book Ever Writtenu201d is considered to be 12 novels.
- Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel Garcu00e1 Mu00e1rquez.
- A Passage to India. E.M. Forster.
- Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison.
What can I read to improve my life?
Read these ten self-help books to transform your life.
- The Alchemist.
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience.
- Thinking Fast and Slow.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business.
- Awaken the Giant Within.
- Outliers: The Story of Success.
How do I find a good book to read?
17 Ways To Locate Good Reading Material
- Ask the Book Seer what to read next, and he’ll recommend a similar author and book based on your preferences.
- Look for Nobel Prize Winners.
- Look at Best Books Ever Lists.
- Penguin Classics.
- Head to Bookstores.
- Talk to Staff.
What is considered the greatest book of all time?
The All-Time Greatest Books
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
What is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the most famous story in the world?
They explain why in this video.
- Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe, 1958)
- One Thousand and One Nights (various authors, 8th-18th Centuries)
- Don Quixote (Miguel de Cervantes, 1605-1615)
- Hamlet (William Shakespeare, 1603)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcu00e1 Mu00e1rquez, 1967)
- The Iliad (Homer, 8th Centuries BC
Which is the best self-help books to change your life?
#1 Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert One of my all-time favorite self-help books is Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, which tells the incredible story of how ideas float around the world looking for the right person to share them with.
Why you should not read self-help books?
Because, as it turns out, the efficacy of self-help books is debatable u2014 to say the least. Negative effect: Self-help books provide incorrect and sometimes harmful advice, false hope, make insecure people feel worse about themselves, or cause people to avoid seeking professional help.
How can I be a better person to be happy?
Here are ten steps you can take to boost your happiness and increase your joie de vivre:
- Hold on to your values.
- Accept the good.
- Imagine the best.
- Do what you enjoy.
- Find meaning.
- Listen to your heart.
- Push yourself, not others.