24 great books for recent college grads to guide them through their next chapter
Finding the right gift for a recent graduate can be difficult. Books, especially ones that can help them kickstart their careers, make excellent gifts for college graduates, and we’ve compiled a list of 21 of them, ranging from engaging memoirs to self-help books and guides.
Keep reading for 21 inspiring books that recent college grads will want to read:
Sheryl Sandberg felt certain she and her children would never feel pure joy again after her husband died suddenly. “Wild” powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and ultimately healed her.
What do you do with your books after college?
You can always donate your books to a local charity, food bank, or academic center, and many thrift stores also sell books and would be happy to take them off your hands.
Is a book a good graduation gift?
A book is a great way to show your congratulations and strike just the right sentiment, whether your grad is finishing high school, college, or Pre-K.
What is a good book to give a college graduate?
College Student Favorite Books
- Randy Pausch’s The Last Lecture. Admiral William H. McRaven’s Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World. Lauren Graham’s In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It. James E. Ryan’s Wait, What?: And Life’s Other Essential Questions.
What do you read after graduation?
Here are four books that will help graduates start to figure out life:
- 1. Adam Poswolsky’s “The Quarter Life Breakthrough.”
- Robert Steven Kaplan’s “What You’re Really Meant to Do.”
- Admiral William McRaven’s “Make Your Bed.”
- Sheryl Sandberg’s “Lean In for Graduates.”
What do 20 year old college textbooks do?
Old Textbooks Can Be Recycled in 12 Different Ways
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing that comes to mind.
- Donate your books: Someone else will always need the book you used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
Should you keep old college textbooks?
If you need to look something up in the future, textbooks for courses in your major can be excellent resources; if this is the case, you should not keep the textbook. In short, you should keep textbooks for your major, especially the introductory textbook, because you may need to refer to it in the future.
What is the graduation book called?
A yearbook, also known as an annual, is a type of book published once a year to record, highlight, and commemorate a school’s previous year. The term also refers to an annual book of statistics or facts.
What do you get when graduate?
Graduation is the awarding of an academic degree, or the ceremony that is sometimes associated with it; the graduation ceremony is also known as commencement, convocation, or invocation.
What college students are reading?
According to 2019 data, 92 percent of college graduates read a book in the previous year, which is significantly higher than other educational groups. Those who attended some college read 78 percent in the previous year, and those with a high school education or less read 56 percent.
What college freshmen are reading 2020?
This is a must-read for first-year students:
- Elif Batuman’s “The Idiot.” Jia Tolentino’s “Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self Delusion.” Dolly Alderton’s “Everything I Know About Love.” J.D. Salinger’s “Franny and Zooey.” Ari Satok’s “The Beautiful Chaos of Growing Up.”
What should I read before college?
Here are the top 25 books to read before going to college, without further ado.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Buy it now on Amazon.
- The Handmaid’s Tale. Buy it now on Amazon.
- 1984. Buy it now on Amazon.
- The Bluest Eye.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- On the Road.
- Their Eyes Were Watching God.